Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray Conditioning & Texturizing Spray

I received this spray in my June Ipsy bag. If you aren't subscribed to Ipsy, give it a try. It's only $10.00 a month and you always get a nice box of beauty product surprises (and I LOVE surprises!!). I also love it because you never know what will be in the bag or how they package it and they always give you a product you have never heard of before (at least I have not heard of before) and it really assists me in learning about all of the beauty products in the market and allows me to sample them before seeing it in a store, going ga-ga, purchasing it, taking it home and hating it. How is that for a run-on sentence! My English teacher would be so upset!! I saw many of these in my day on my English papers:
 

 
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, can you guess how I would rate this product? Look above.
 
Let's start with the description located at the Sexy Hair website:
SOY RENEWAL BEACH SPRAY creates undone texture that looks and feels like you’ve spent a day by the sea. Helps nourish, protect and heal hair damage with the power of Argan oil. Cures winter blues by giving your hair the look and feel of a day at the beach.
The description is very true. It does make your hair feel like you've been at the beach all day. Imagine that you have been laying out at the beach for a few hours, alternating between sun-bathing, walking and swimming in the ocean and your hair gets wet with salt water and sweat (which is like salt water, only not as strong). You go back to your room and what is the first thing you want to do? TAKE A SHOWER and wash your HAIR and body to get that salty feeling out!

The website states the following on how to use the spray:
Spray on damp hair and let dry naturally or blow-dry with a diffuser for all over texture. Use on dry hair for detailing or to add volume to the roots without having to wet hair.
With this product, I took a shower and washed/conditioned my hair to a squeaky-clean consistency and then proceeded to spray it into my damp hair. When it dried, my hair felt like it had been blowing in the hot winds of Myrtle Beach in South Carolina after I swam in the ocean all day. The only thing missing was the specks of sand mixed in. 

It definitely adds volume to not only your roots, but the ends of your hair as well. I felt wind-swept! I have naturally thick hair; therefore, this feeling was not a pleasant one. I wanted to jump back in the shower and wash it all over again.

For people who have thin hair, this product may be a Godsend. I know that I could only cross my ponytail holder over my hair twice versus three times because my hair had so much volume. If I had thin hair, I may love this product; however, since I do not and don't know anyone with thin hair that can test it out for me, I give the following:

Rating: F

PS/ For those who are mindful of what they put in their hair, the website stated the following regarding the ingredients of the spray:
  • Magnesium Sulfate & Sea Salt- Provides texture and beachy feel
  • Algae Extract- Retains moisture, strengthens & texturizer
  • Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil(Argan Oil)- Protects, Repairs   
  • Benzophenone-4- UV Protectant 
  • Butylene Glycol & Glycerin- Humectant – helps retain moisture
  • Hydrolyzed Soy Protein- Nourishes and strengthens
  • Panthenol- Conditions, Antistatic 
  • Sorbitol- Conditions, Humectant 
  • Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract- Anti-Oxidant, conditions & protects
  • Methylisothiazolinone- Preservative 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

Not a Maven...Yet.