Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mani and Review: nailtini "Mai Tai", China Glaze "For Audrey" and "Lemon Fizz"



I had so much fun with this mani! I received nailtini's, "Mai Tai" in my Ipsy bag this month and for the first time tried out the Monster Bundle dotting tools using China Glaze's "Lemon Fizz" and "For Audrey".



I used "Mai Tai" as an undercoat and then used the dotting tool to dot on "For Audrey" and "Lemon Fizz". I then realized that I was using too much blue and yellow and then dotted a few more drops of the "Mai Tai" to space everything out a bit.

I wish I had long nails and could paint my whole nail with "Mai Tai" and then use the dotting tool at my nail line to put one line of "Lemon Fizz" and "For Audrey" alternating dots. My fingernails naturally curve up and growing them long just looks gross. I will keep trying various ways with the dotting tool in the meantime.

As for the consistency, all nail polishes rocked. They were not too runny or clumpy and glided right on the nail. It's been five days now and I still do not have even one chip! I am practically amazed at this because by now I would have a few chips, at least (I type at work all day). I use Seche Vite top coat all of the time, so that did not change. I wonder if it has something to do with the dots of color I put on my nails, which dispersed the weight of the polish throughout my nail avoiding chipping as much compared to two or three coats being put on at approximately the same depth, which makes the polish all one piece on the nail, if that makes sense. I am not sure. I will continue to try this out with the dotting tool to see if it helps in the chipping process.

All in all, ratings are:

China Glaze "For Audrey": A+
China Glaze "Lemon Fizz": A+
nailtini "Mai Tai": A+
Bundle Monster: A+
Seche Vite Top Coat: A+ all of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

Not a Maven...Yet.