Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review: Dolce and Gabbana Pour Femme Eau De Parfum



This morning I am with my husband in Greenwood, SC while he takes a test to start his teaching certification. I didn't want to take an entire bottle of perfume to the hotel and instead grabbed a Dolce and Gabbana Pour Femme sample Sephora sent to me for my last purchase. I had no idea what to expect and for some reason thought it might be quite "loud". I was pleasantly surprised to find it having a very light smell and not overpowering.

At first spray, I instantly thought of gardenia. It was such a soft smell that the picture of baby powder displayed in my mind. I kept sniffing it and while sitting here in Fourbucks (Starbucks) waiting for my husband can smell the soft aroma around me. I am not the greatest of picking the notes of perfume and as previously stated thought that gardenia was one of the notes at least. I visited the Sephora website to learn more and read the following:
From the Mediterranean, the epicenter of harmonies and contrasts, a classic fragrance is reborn embodying the essence of the Dolce & Gabbana woman: passionate, sensual, and maternal. Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme will envelop the senses and linger long after she is gone. Seductive and soothing neroli intertwines with nuances of raspberry over the playful hint of tart green mandarin. This gives way to a heart of voluptuous sensuality, a softly undulating bouquet of velvety jasmine and citrusy sweet orange blossom. The addictive and sugary guimauve introduces the full-bodied sensuality of the vanilla base notes, and the captivating fragrance is further lit by the roundness of heliotrope and smooth, creamy sandalwood.
 
Notes: Neroli, Raspberry, Green Mandarin, Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Guimauve, Vanilla, Heliotrope, Sandalwood.
Style: Seductive. Beautiful. Sensuous.

It is true that the scent lingers for a long time, yet as previously stated, is not an overpowering scent where everyone will look at you when they enter the room you are in. It does smell maternal...homey, warm and quite seductive. It is one of those perfumes that someone would have to get quite close to smell and as it melts into your skin and envelops your aura, I'm sure the person will be quite pleased.

I never would have guessed neroli, raspberries and mandarin are in the top notes, but am not surprised by the vanilla and sandalwood.

Overall, I think it's a great perfume. The price is quite high, as you would expect from Dolce and Gabbana. Sephora had the following prices:
  • 0.2 oz. eau de parfum rollerball: $25.00
  • 0.8 oz. eau de parfum spray: $66.00
  • 1.6 oz. eau de parfum spray: $82.00
What is interesting is that I found a 3.4 oz. eau de parfum spray for only $61.39! I'm sure the price changes quite a bit; however, the link for Amazon is below if you are interested. For $61.39, I would consider purchasing it; however, never at Sephora. It is just too expensive there.

 



Rating: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

Not a Maven...Yet.