Monday, July 15, 2013

Review: Malibu Lemon Blossom by Pacifica

I love the smell of fresh lemon and was instantly curious about Pacifica's "Malibu Lemon Blossom" perfume. Of course I could not purchase just the perfume, the body wash and body butter was bought as well so that I could layer the fragrance so it would last longer. If you are interested in all three, it is more economical to purchase altogether versus each individual product.

When I first squirted the perfume, I loved it. In fact, I actually had a visceral reaction to it by my mouth watering, it was so lemony. Now, you may wonder why I would want to smell like a lemon all day. It's not just lemon, but also a very sweet sugary smell and a few minutes after applying it and the initial shock of lemon dissipates, the smell is just too good to be true. When I wear it, I feel like it's a special day and I have received quite a few compliments at work with people asking what perfume I was wearing. I think people ask because it just smells different for a "normal" perfume. It is not what people expect. After the perfume settles or "dries down" into your skin, the aroma lasts for at least five hours and if you layer it with the lotion, more than eight.

The body wash is a great way to start your day, feels great on your skin and is not too soapy or difficult to wash out. The body butter smells great; however, when you first rub it into your skin, you can actually see it and reminded me of how it looks when first putting on sunscreen and the lotion being white on your skin. It is not a sticky lotion and absorbed into the skin after about five minutes. In my moisturizing routine, I always moisturize my face all the way down to my feet using various products and then let them all absorb into the skin before putting clothes on. While waiting, I usually clean around the bathroom, get the clothes out I am planning to wear, etc., so it is not a big deal waiting.

I wanted to learn more about Pacifica's perfume and found that they describe the fragrance as "this fresh scent captures the free spirit of the Pacific Ocean with Lemon Blossom, Litsea Cubeba, flowering Angel's Trumpet, fresh herbs and salty breezes." When I saw the words "Litsea Cubeba" and "Flowering Trumpet", I had to dig a little deeper because I had never heard of these two.

In case you do not know, below is what a lemon blossom looks like:

Lemon Blossom

I had no clue what Litsea Cubeba was or looked like and found the following at Wikipedia:
"Litsea Cubeba is an evergreen tree or shrub 5–12 meters high in the Lauraceae family. It is native to China, Indonesia, Taiwan and other parts of Southeast Asia. It is called "mountain pepper" (山胡椒) in Mandarin and maqaw (馬告) by the Atayal aborigines in Taiwan. As a famous spice among Taiwanese aborigines, a proposed National Park at Yilan County is named "Magao" after the spice. It produces a fruit which is processed for its lemony essential oil. The oil can also be extracted from the leaf, but this is considered to be lower in quality. The timber is sometimes used for making furniture and crafts. Plant parts are also used in medicine."
 The Litsea Cubeba tree is also called "May Chang" and it looks like the following:


Angel's Trumpet is a gorgeous flower that comes in a variety of colors as displayed below:



 
 
 
Would I purchase this again? Most definitely!
 
Perfume Rating: A+
Body Wash Rating: A
Body Butter Rating: B
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

Not a Maven...Yet.