Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: OPI "I Theodora You" and essie luxeffects "a cut above"

As I've already stated, I'm not a maven...yet; therefore, at this point in the health/beauty blogging world, I am an infant in writing about the subject and taking pictures. Throughout the lifetime of this blog, please let me know how it can be improved. If you have any ideas on how something can be better, I would love to receive your feedback.

So, this is my first review....*NERVOUS*!! I've seen other great health/beauty bloggers out there who are amazing...just remember, I am a virgin to this sector of the blogging world.

I absolutely love Essie and OPI nail products (and my faves are indies!!). Recently, I purchased "I Theodora You" from the OPI "OZ - The Great and Powerful Collection" and essie luxeffects nail color, "a cut above" because I adore pink and even though I'm 41, am like a magpie and love shinies. A little bling never hurt anyone!
(the above is a great drawing created by rhiannonladd)
 
 
I used OPI's "I Theodora You" as a base coat and OF COURSE did not think to take a picture of it by itself. I used two coats and it appears to have a jelly quality to it. One day I would like to make a sandwich of glitter and the nail polish to see the effect.
 
 
 
OPI "I Theodora You"
 
 
I then used essie's luxeffects "a cut above" (does essie capitalize anything because this blogging editor is certainly trying to?). It was nice not to have to fish glitter out of the bottle. The glitter went on smoothly, which was a pleasant surprise.
 

 
essie luxeffects "a cut above"
 
 
The Type-A personality comes out in me when viewing these pictures. I will not use that background anymore (it is my husband's Coca-Cola bottle cooler). The top is a bit scratched and the reflection of the windows is glaring down in the pictures. Yay! My first lesson in what not to do here!
 
After applying Seche Vite top coat, the following are the results:
 
 
 
 


 
It is OBVIOUS that I am not a photographer in ANY sense of the word and I hope to improve upon that. Any tips would be helpful. Also, this pic makes my hands look HUGE. They aren't petite, but they aren't gargantuan, either. Oh well, I hear pictures put 10 pounds on a person, so my hands are now 10 pounds heavier up there. :)
 
I hope you enjoyed my first real post. I can't wait to post more as time permits.
 
Take care everyone and don't forget about using your Seche Vite top coat! It's the bomb! I will blog about this little beauty at a later date.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

Not a Maven...Yet.